:) Most of you know that I love checking out the new cafes in town or others recommended ones.
But... did you know that I love baking? and sometimes I even cook! ;)
Its been a while since the last I wrote recipe that I have prepared for my family and loves one.
- Afternoon Tea at Home -
A nice presentation with nice plate and coffee/ tea aside, just suit me well. :)
So now, melting away with all the butter cookies I have baked! My parents totally in love with them and told me to bake for CNY as well! And I just in love with BUTTER COOKIES!
- Baking of Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies in Progress -
- Pure Butter Cookies and Chocolate Chips Cookies -
Recipe for Pure Butter Cookies
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Baking Time : 15 minutes
Portion : 30 - 35 pieces
*All of the above may vary, depends on how we prepared them. :)
150g Plain flour/ All purpose flour
30g Corn flour
20g Custard Powder
160g Unsalted Butter (soften)
50g Icing Sugar
1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp Baking Powder
1. Preheat oven 180C/ 356F. (Baking paper lay flat on pan)
2.1 Plain Flour, Corn Flour, Custard Powder and Baking Powder mixed well and filtered.
2.2 Icing Sugar filtered well and to be used later.
3. Unsalted butter, Icing Sugar and Vanilla Essence - Beat till white and fluffy.
4. Add in 2.1 into 3, use slow mode to beat or using hand to mix all of them together.
5. IT'S MOLDING/ SHAPING TIME!!
Using our hand to mold the mixture in to a long rounded pattern (swiss role/ pipe look alike), then use the plastic food wrap to wrap the whole patterned mixture.
Store it in the fridge for 15 - 20 minutes to harden it, so that it could be easier cut later.
6. Took it out from fridge, using knife to cut into shapes. Put on pan and bake them for 15 minutes! DONE!
7. Do let me know how was your baking for this butter cookies? ;)
Simple recipe and loving it when people appreciate!
Happy to see all those smiling faces. :)